Do you know about the benefits of Arctic Finnish food? This Micro Course invites you to come and experience the Arctic nature and its edible treasures. During this trip to Arctic food you learn why it is healthy and tasty. You also get the idea of Finnish berry picking, fishing and how Finns use them in cooking delicious meals.
Skills you gain
This course gives you skills and tools to answer the following questions:
- Where is Finland located and what are the conditions for food production?
- What are Arctic berries and their health benefits?
- Why to fish from icy lakes?
- What grains can be cultivated in the Arctic zone?
About this Micro Course
- Target group: everybody interested in the Arctic and healthy diets and new experiences
- Field of study: tourism, hospitality management and youth work
- Level: basic
- Requirements: none
- Course workload: 10 hours
- Assessment: on the scale Pass/Fail
- Language: English
- Video transcript: English
This Micro Course includes practical steps to follow with videos, links, activating tasks and quizzes.
About the instructor
Your instructor and guide to Arctic food is Eliisa Kotro, Senior Lecturer from Xamk’s Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management and Youth Work.
Achieving a certificate
The Micro Course is assessed on the scale Pass/Fail. Receiving a certificate via email requires completing all mandatory activities, and at least 50% of them correctly.
Does this Micro Course interest you? This is what to do!
- Add your email address in the field below and click on the Add to cart button.
- Pay for the Micro Course according to the online store instructions.
- You receive two messages in your email, an order confirmation and a link to the Claned learning platform.
- Log in to the Claned learning platform, take the Micro Course within 6 months and enjoy learning new.